- Registration is Required: All meeting participants are required to register for the meeting.
- Discounted Registration for AMS Members: All AMS members enjoy discounted registration rates. Check your membership status by signing in to your AMS account and clicking Membership Info under the My Profile header.
- Become a Member: Join now to save money on registration. Your membership includes three issues of the Journal of the American Musicological Society, the AMS Newsletter (online), and the AMS Directory (PDF and online).
- Prefer paper? Print this PDF registration form instead of completing the online registration form.
- Meeting volunteers: Members interested in working at the meeting should complete a Volunteer application form. Volunteers receive complimentary registration and a stipend of $11/hour worked. Details available here.
- Non-Member Undergraduates: The AMS encourages undergraduate students at nearby institutions to visit the Annual Meeting. Undergraduates may attend for up to one day free of charge or more than one day at the student rate of $65 (membership not required). Undergraduate students must be sponsored by a local faculty member, who should provide meeting preparation to help understand the procedures and navigate the meeting successfully. Click here for Undergraduate Registration.
As in previous years, AMS is offering a tiered pricing structure. The following table shows all prices and related dates.
|Early Rates: 1 Aug. – 30 Sept. 2019
| AMS Member
| Rates: 1 Oct. – 25 Oct. 2019
| AMS Member
| Late / On-Site Rates: 26 Oct. – 3 Nov. 2019
| AMS Member
One-Day registration is available (on-site only) for $100.
What's Included with Registration?
- Registration includes entrance to all sessions, on-site performances, coffee breaks, book exhibits, and the Opening Reception and Student Reception.
- All registrants receive a complimentary 2019 AMS Annual Meeting tote bag. Those who do not wish to receive one may indicate this on the registration form.
- In an effort to be more environmentally sustainable and to reduce costs, we are no longer including a print edition of the Program & Abstracts Book with registration. If you desire a printed program, you must order one with registration. Limited quantities will be available for purchase on-site. The Program & Abstracts Book will be available to all as a PDF. You can also access the program via our meeting app.
The American Musicological Society relies on your support! As a thank you, each $100 contribution made with your registration will receive three complimentary beverage tickets; each $50 contribution made with your registration will receive one complimentary beverage ticket. Beverage tickets are redeemable at the Thursday evening Opening and Student receptions.
Contributions made during registration are limited to denominations of $50 and $100. We warmly accept contributions of any size via our Contribute page on the AMS website.
You may designate a fund for your contribution.
To make a contribution with registration, enter a quantity next to "Make a $100 Contribution" or "Make a $50 Contribution". These options are located on the Attendee Selections tab of the registration form. You will be asked to select a fund on the following page, after clicking the 'Save and Finalize Registration' button. The online form only allows you to designate one fund for your contribution, but if you wish to designate more than one fund for your contribution, please send us a note at email@example.com and we will be happy to designate the funds accordingly.
Several concerts and special events are taking place in the Boston area during the AMS Annual Meeting. Tickets are available for purchase with registration. Shuttle bus tickets to select events are available for purchase with registration. Additional event information is available here.
How to Register
1. Click here to open the online registration form (opens in a new window). If you prefer paper, please print the PDF form available here.
2. If you are an AMS member, ensure that you are signed in to the site in order to receive the discounted member rates.
3. Complete the Attendee Info tab. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk:
- Top section: your name and email address. These fields will auto-populate if you are signed in to your account.
- Badge Text:
- Please input your first, middle (optional), and last names as you would like them to appear on your name badge.
- You may add your institution or other information in the field provided (optional).
- You may add your gender pronouns in the field provided (optional).
- Please use the radio buttons to let us know if this is your first time attending an AMS Annual Meeting and if so, if we may indicate this on your badge.
- Accessibility: please use the text box to note requests.
- AMS Buddy Program: if you wish to participate in the Buddy program, please select an option, or leave blank. All Buddy Program participants (both mentors and mentees) will also need to complete the Buddy Registration Form in addition to regular meeting registration.
4. After completing the Attendee Info tab, click the 'Next' button at the bottom of the page.
5. Complete the Attendee Selections tab. If additional information about a line item is available, "(more)" will display at the end of the line. Click on (more) to view additional information.
- In the top section, labeled "Registration Options", please select the appropriate option (required).
- In the middle section, labeled "Select options for program book, thumbdrive, and tote bag" please indicate your preferences (optional). To purchase a print edition of the program book and/or a thumbdrive, please check the box next to the item(s). If you do not wish to receive a tote bag, please check the box next to "Tote bag - opt out".
- In the bottom section, labeled "Add a contribution or event ticket(s)", please make selections by inputting a quantity into the corresponding box.
6. After making your selections, click the 'Save & Finalize Registration' button at the bottom of the form.
- If you have selected a contribution, the next page will ask you to select a fund. Select a fund from the dropdown list and then click the 'Add Item' button.
- Next, the "Your Cart" page will display the selections chosen from the Attendee Selections tab. If edits are needed, use the corresponding "click here to edit your registration" links next to the item in question. When you are satisfied with your selections, click the 'Checkout' button on the bottom of the page.
7. Checkout (Step 1 of 2): on this page enter the Recipient Information (some fields will auto-fill from your member profile, but the 'State' field must be manually entered) and Payment Information. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk. You may go back and make changes to your selections by clicking the shopping cart icon at the top right of the form. When ready, click "Proceed to Confirmation"
8. Checkout (Step 2 of 2): on this page you may review the Recipient Information and Payment Information. If changes are needed to your information, click the edit icon . If your selections and information are correct, click the 'Complete Order' button at the bottom of the form to finalize your registration and payment.
9. On the Thank You page that follows, links are available to view your Invoice/Receipt and your Printable Registration Confirmation. The invoice/receipt will also be sent you via email. Invoice/receipts and Event Registrations are also always available to view/print on the website under Manage Profile.
10. Contact us if you have any questions or problems.